Raffle: Win MJ Books & Trading Cards/Stickers!
Here’s Your Chance to Win
a copy of EACH of Michael’s THREE books
original 1984 trading cards and stickers!
ANNOUNCING a great opportunity to win
ALL of these treasures:
- 2009 Re-issue of Michael's 1988 autobiography and first book, Moonwalk. Brand new, hardcover.
- 1988 ORIGINAL book, Moonwalker: The Storybook. This was Michael's second book and is currently out of print. This story is what his movie Moonwalker was based on! Includes photos from the movie. The front and back cover of this paperback book show slight signs of wear after 22 years. The inside pages are in excellent condition.
- 2009 Re-issue of Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections. First published in 1992, Michael's third book contains some of his poems and other reflections, discussing things that were quite dear to him, such as love, peace, animals and the earth. Brand new, hardcover.
- 1984 MJJ Productions Topps Series 1 Photo Cards. ORIGINAL complete set of 33 cards, never removed from package, so the cards are in perfect condition. There is a slight bend on a bottom corner of the packing only. On the back of each card is MJ trivia.
- 1984 MJJ Productions Topps Series 1 Stickers. ORIGINAL complete set of 33 cards, never removed from package, so the cards are in perfect condition. No obvious signs of wear on packaging, either. The backs of the sticker cards combine to form a large puzzle.
Take part in this exciting raffle to raise funds to support Michael’s Tribute. Everyone who participates will be helping to keep the Tribute and our MJ website community alive and well. 25% of proceeds raised from this raffle will be donated to charity – and that amount will be matched by one of our Tribute Team members (who chooses to remain anonymous)!
Inspired by Michael’s many writings about animals (and the environment) in his book Dancing the Dream, this raffle will help benefit the Humane Society of the United States. As reported on JacksonAction.com (and other sites), “March, 30, 1996: The Ark Trust-Foundation, who wants to draw the attention of the public eye on animal's problems, presents the 10th Genesis Award. Michael is presented with the 1995 Doris Day Award. He gets this award for the "Earth Song" video, which draws attention to the plight of the animals.” The Ark Trust, Inc. has merged with The Humane Society of the United States to become the Humane Society of the United States, Hollywood Office, presenter of the annual Genesis Awards.
About the HSUS: “The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization—backed by 11 million Americans, or one in every 28. Established in 1954, The HSUS seeks a humane and sustainable world for all animals—a world that will also benefit people. We are America's mainstream force against cruelty, exploitation and neglect, as well as the most trusted voice extolling the human-animal bond.” Firm yet gentle and reasonable advocates, the HSUS work is extensive. They work to pass laws to help animals, allocate funds to help local animal shelters and sanctuaries, respond to disasters and other rescue missions to help animals affected, provide educational materials, care for animals at their Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch, help to protect wildlife by preserving natural habitats and permanent sanctuaries through the Wildlife Land Trust, and much more. For more information, please visit their website.
The winning name will be selected at random on January 25, 2011. The winner will be contacted via email shortly after the drawing, and will be announced on the Tribute website and in the MJTP newsletter soon after that. The more tickets you get, the greater your chance of winning! Click here to get your raffle tickets now.
The items pictured above are the pictures of the exact items the winner will receive; the best of care was taken in describing all items. The raffle runs from January 7, 2011, through January 25, 2011. Tickets start at $3 (USD) each; the price goes DOWN in increments, so you pay less per ticket, depending on whether you buy 1, 5, 10, or 20 or more tickets. Good luck!